Monday, March 28, 2011

Stir it up with Tracy Crump

(Editor's Note: this week's post is the first of a series of posts from our 2011 Faculty Members)
I fell in love with Kentucky on my first visit with a nursing school choir group more than thirty-five years ago. I must have hit just the right year at just the right time because I’d never seen such brilliant fall colors. Or maybe Kentucky trees are that gorgeous every autumn.

Trees won’t be wearing crimson and gold June 24-25, but you can still find plenty to interest you at the Kentucky Christian Writers Conference. I feel honored to again serve on staff with the group of godly people who organize and present this conference. It may be their crystal anniversary, but these folks are refined gold in my opinion.

If you have a personal experience story to share, please join me for one of my workshops. Back by request for the third year, “Tackling Tough Topics” explores writing about sensitive issues with humor and insight to give readers hope for the future. In “Stirring the Pot,” you’ll learn what the immensely popular Chicken Soup for the Soul series wants, what they don’t want, and how to stir up a winning Chicken Soup story. With either workshop, you’ll discover how your words can make a difference in someone else’s life.

Regardless of what workshops you choose, I hope you’ll join us in June for the Kentucky Christian Writers Conference.

—Tracy Crump
www.TracyCrump.com

No comments: