Saturday, May 14, 2016

Conference 4-1-1: Meet & Greet

     Hey! I’m Trish, and I’m going to be sharing some information about the KCWC. I don’t know about you, but when I attended my first conference, I knew absolutely NOTHING about the writing industry. It’s seven years later, and I still don’t know a whole lot (mainly because I’m now busy behind the scenes), but I want to share some of the basics with you so you’ll know what to expect. Hopefully you’ll be better prepared, which will enable you to get more out of the conference.
Meet and Greet
            It was two years after I’d attended my first KCWC conference before I knew what the Meet and Greet was and who was allowed to attend. I thought it was only for the speakers and the committee members. Wrong.
            The Meet and Greet is for all the faculty, attendees, and committee members. It will be held on Thursday evening, from 7:00 – 9:00 in the Family Life Center of Grace Heartland Church.  (Entrance is the covered portico in the center of the left building.). This is an informal event, where you can come and meet some of the presenters, the planning committee members, and fellow attendees. Name tags are encouraged and can be found at the registration desk as soon as you walk in. Light refreshments will be provided.
            Some presenters, as well as some attendees, will have their books on display and for sale. If you ask nicely, they’ll even sign your book! (Just kidding. They’ll gladly do it anyway.) You can drop in and stay a few minutes or come and stay the whole time. It’s a great way to start off the conference.
Trish Nall,   KCWC Treasurer


No comments: