Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Calling All New Attendees

Will the 2016 edition of Kentucky Christian Writers Conference be your first time at such an event? Are you nervous? Are you clueless about how to navigate classes and faculty/editor appointments? We have a class just for you!

So You're a Newbie: A Primer for First-Time Attendees is designed for YOU--the first-timer who doesn't quite know what to do at a writers conference. It will meet at 8:15 a.m. in Conference Room A, taught by yours truly, Carlton Hughes.

We'll address conference jitters; how to approach the classes and schedule; do's and don't's for meeting with editors/faculty members; and, most importantly, the spiritual aspect. We may even eat some chocolate!

I teach this class from my own experiences as a "newbie" at both KCWC and other conferences. Believe me, I've made every error in the book, and I don't want you to repeat those! I managed to overcome those mistakes to become a published writer. I'll tell you everything you need to know about being a first-timer, and, OF COURSE, we'll also have lots of FUN!

So all you newbies: set your alarms early for Friday, June 24! Register at 8:00 a.m. and then join me at 8:15! I'll be looking for you.

--Carlton Hughes
KCWC Blog Administrator
Newbie Class Teacher

No comments: