Wednesday, July 2, 2008

2008 Conference Report

The stats are in, and we are pleased to report that we had a total of 112 people in attendance at KCWC 2008. That includes attendees, faculty, and committee members. Kate Thomas, founder, thinks we’ve set a record!

She said, “I feel that the Kentucky Christian Writers Conference gets better each year. A special spirit (and Spirit!) permeated this year's Conference. I left inspired to pursue, with new zeal, the writing opportunities that God gives me. It is thrilling to see the many fine Christian writers that are rising up from our conference to ‘publish His glorious deeds...’(Psalm 96:3 NLT).”

We’re still “evaluating the evaluations,” but a couple of things stand out in the feedback we’ve received. First, there were several requests that we consider having agents in attendance next year. Second, we need to work on changing our bookstore placement and setup. Rest assured that the planning committee will take all recommendations into account in planning for 2009.

Speaking of 2009, we are very excited about having Terry Whalin as our featured speaker for next year. He has done it all. He has been a writer, an editor, and an agent. Help us pass the word. We’ll be posting updates on this blog periodically throughout the year, and Terry will pitch in as guest blogger early in 2009. Also, bookmark our website, www.kychristianwriters.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone,

It's with great anticipation that I look forward to being with you in 2009. Here's one certainty that I know--and few thing seems certain in this world--I will know much more about the publishing world next year than I know at the moment (and I've learned a great deal). Wny? Because I'm committed to continuing to grow in my craft and knowledge of this complicated business.

I encourage each of you to keep growing. Subscribe to my blog updates, read how-to books and enjoy the journey.

Terry Whalin
Author of Book Proposals That Sell

The Writing Life